Taking simple ingredients and letting them sing is behind a lot of truly great Italian cooking. This dish – tagliatelle with artichoke and oyster mushrooms – is no exception.
Tagliatelle with artichoke and mushrooms.
- Baby Globe Artichokes 4 small
- Olive oil 2 tbsp
- Garlic 1 clove, finely chopped
- Parsley 1 tbsp, chopped
- Double cream 2 tbsp
- Fresh tagliatelle 250g
- Oyster mushrooms 200g
- Parmesan 75g, grated (or vegetarian substitute)
- Remove the outer leaves of the artichoke and cut the top off. Trim off any green, tough parts so that you are left with the tender leaves and stem. Slice the artichokes in half and cut into fine slices.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and gently cook the artichoke, Oyster mushrooms and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add 4 tablespoons of water, cover and cook for 4 minutes, or until the artichokes are tender. Once cooked, add the cream and parsley and season.
- Cook the tagliatelle in salted boiling water for 3 minutes. Once cooked, transfer the pasta and a couple of tablespoons of the cooking water to the cream and artichoke sauce.
- Add half the parmesan and toss well. Check the seasoning and toss again to make sure the parmesan is absorbed into the sauce.
- Serve in hot bowls with the remaining parmesan on top.