This recipe comes from chef Michel Roux Jr and will serve four people. See more of his fantastic recipes on the Albert Bartlett website.
Chef Michel Roux Jr’s Perfect Roast Potatoes
- 1/2 bag Red Rooster potatoes
- 100g goose fat
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Pinch of Maldon Sea Salt Flakes
- Pre-heat the oven 220℃/Fan 220℃/gas mark 6. Put the goose fat into a roasting tin and heat in the oven until it's really hot.
- Peel the potatoes and cut each into even sized pieces.
- Put the potatoes into a large saucepan of cold water with a pinch of salt and bring to the boil. Parboil for 5 minutes, then drain well and toss back into the pan to roughen the edges.
- Carefully place the potatoes in the hot oil covering evenly.
- Roast in the oven for about 45-50 minutes or until crispy on the outside and soft in the middle. Turn over half way through the cooking.
- Remove from the tray, drain on kitchen paper and serve. (Don't cover if you're keeping them warm before serving).