A Spring special from Chef James Martin. You can find all your ingredients, excluding the lamb, from our Home delivery page.
James Martin’s “Sloppy Joe” Lamb Dogs
- 8 lamb sausages
- 25ml olive oil
- For the sauce:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 600g lamb mince
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 200g brown sugar
- 100ml ketchup
- 50ml soy sauce
- 50ml red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp chipotle paste
- 1 small bunch coriander chopped
- To serve:
- 4 large hot dog buns
- 8 little gem lettuce leaves
- Sour cream
- 2 tbsp kibbled onions
- Preheat the oven to 200C, gas 6
- Heat the oil in a non-stick fry pan. When hot, add the onion and garlic and cook for a few minutes to soften. Add the remaining ingredients for the sauce, bring to the boil then simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, season.
- Meanwhile, drizzle the sausages in oil and pop in an ovenproof non-stick frying. Cook for 10 minutes, turning every couple of minutes, then pop in the oven for 5 minutes.
- To serve, pop the buns onto plates, split, then fill with lettuce. Pile the sausages on top then spoon over the chilli sauce. Top with a drizzle of sour cream then sprinkle over the onions.