A simple Chocolate tart recipe. You can find all the ingredients in this weeks Baking box.
Best served with Vanilla ice cream and berries.
Dark Chocolate Tart
- 600g Dark chocolate drops
- 390ml Double cream
- 180ml Whole milk
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 125g unsalted butter
- 90g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 250g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- Baking beans/rice
- To make the pastry, place the butter and sugar into a food processor until just combined. Add the egg and mix for 30 seconds.
- Add the flour and mix until the dough comes together. Knead lightly on a floured surface, wrap in cling film and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the chilled pastry on a lightly floured surface to 5mm thick. Line a 24cm diameter fluted tart tin with the rolled pastry and refrigerate for a further 30 minutes. While the pastry is in the fridge, preheat the oven to 170°C
- Blind bake the case until the edges are golden in colour, then remove the baking beans/rice and bake until the base is golden. Set aside.
- Place the chocolate in a bowl, then set aside. Bring the cream and milk to simmer in a saucepan over a medium heat, then add the chocolate. Leave to stand until the chocolate melts, then stir to combine. Once the mixture has cooled slightly, stir in the beaten egg.
- Reduce the oven to 130°C. Pour the chocolate mixture into the tart and bake until just set with a slight wobble in centre (30-35 minutes). Set aside to cool, serve at room temperature.