A simple recipe for Cherry Scones, most of the ingredients can be found here, with next day delivery available for orders before Midday!
- 225g Self raising flour
- 1 level tsp baking powder
- 50g Butter, softened
- 25g caster sugar
- 75g chopped red glace cherries
- 1 large egg
- A little milk
- Small drop of vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 180c , lightly grease your baking sheets.
- Place the flour and baking powder into a large bowl, add the butter and rub in with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs, add the sugar and chopped cherries.
- Break the egg into a measuring jug and beat, add the milk and make up to 150ml, stir the egg and milk mixture into the flour and mix well.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead. Roll out to a 1cm thickness ,cut using a round cutter (5cm)and place onto your baking sheets. Brush with a little milk and bake them in the oven for about 10 minutes or until a nice golden brown colour.
Nice served simply with butter or naughty with whipped vanilla cream.